Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Memoir Goals

Family Problem:
When I was born in Florida of 1993, my parents were in the middle of marriage problems so that made things even more difficult at the time. I have a brother that is 3 years older then me and because there were 2 kids to factor in, they tried to reconcile. The agreement was me and my brother go stay with my grandma on my mom side while they try to work out their marriage. After 6 months, my parents could not work their problems out so the agreement was my brother lives with my dad which he was moving to Michigan and I was to stay with my mom. However, my mom did not want to take care of me because she wanted to live her life so my grandma toke me instead. After about a year and a half she got sick and could no longer take care of me so she called my dad and told him to either come get me or she would just allow Social Services to take me. My father was unemployed at the time and he sold his car to come get me. I came to Michigan with my wonderful father when I was four and was lost at a young age. However, my father met a beautiful lady whom I call my mother because she has been there for the longest. This story focuses on both parents which I have to eliminate but I honestly want to focus on my father because he is great. Where I am from, people are always talking about how dads are "deadbeat" or negative remarks are made but I can witness that is not true. I feel like I have the best father in the world because he sacrifices so much and works so hard. I can truly say I am a "Daddy's Girl." I love my mother to death and even though she did not give birth, it sure feels like she did. I can honestly go on and on but the focus would be on my father. I want readers to understand how something that may seem horrible for a little girl turned out to be a happy ending. Everything happens for a reason. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea but because you have to weave this into a blog length post, you are going to have to find someway to manage the topic. Is their one moment or event that epitomizes these events in your life? Think carefully about what you don't need to share as far as details.

    ReplyDelete