Friday, February 6, 2015

Memoir Ideas (Brainstorming)

Brainstorm Ideas for My Memoir

#1: Family
Out of my 21 years of life so far I have been through a lot with my family but there is one particular situation I can focus on. I was young when the events happened but there is no need to include every detail anyway. The event deals with both parents but I would rather focus only on my father. I remember the article assigned constantly emphasizing , "think small." The events will only go on for about 1 year of  when I first came to Michigan with my dad. The lesson in the events would be everything happens for a reason even if you do not understand at the time.

#2: Social Struggle
At a young age I had interacted with so many kids. In elementary school, I switched schools twice and was in child care for both. Therefore, I always interacted with all ages in elementary school and I did not exactly get along with children. I never was the type to want friends and when I did get one, I would fall out with them a few weeks later over something childish. I was not troubled or  anything but all my friends I did get along with when to the first school and latchkey I attended. When I made the switch it was starting over and it takes me awhile to get adjusted. I had a huge social struggle trying to clique with someone that matched my silly personality but was still all about my education because my parents stressed good grades. I can structure a chain of events focused on the constant changes that affected my social life in elementary school when I switched schools but I learned to adjust/start over.

#3: Relationship Experience
For a year I was in a difficult relationship but I did learn a lot. To keep the memoir simple on the chain of events I will focus on the trust issues because that can be in general advice without going to deep in the topic. The relationship is all about trust and still having no regrets because you cannot change the past. Trust ties in with accepting what it is and either fixing it or moving on. My events will focus only on a few of events with personal advice that went wrong in my relationship.

1 comment:

  1. Any of these ideas should work but limit your scope to some degree. Choose a topic that you can cover effectively in a short amount of space. Don't feel as though you have to cover an event from start to finish.

    ReplyDelete